OPERATING EXPENSE BUDGETING (OPEX)
2:17 – Understanding utility expenses: Electrical, CO2, Water, Heat/HVAC
4:17 – A closer look at labor costs
6:37 – Administrative and management expenses
7:25 – Completing the Operating Expense tab
12:17 – Wrap up
Financial Worksheet – Utilities Tab
Financial Worksheet – OpEx Tab
Financial Worksheet – Labor Tab
Financial Worksheet – Loan Tab
- View tutorial videos: Utilities tab, Labor tab, and OpEx tab.
- View the OpEx tab. No action is required. Your OpEx is based on:
- Utility costs – Size and square footage of the farm; number of ZipGrow Racks; number of lights, etc (Intro Tab)
- Labor costs – Size and square footage of the farm; number of ZipGrow Racks; percentage of herbs to greens, etc. (Intro Tab and Revenue tab) Assumptions are shown on the Labor tab.
- Costs of Goods Sold (COGS) – Nutrients, Seeds, Plugs, Packaging and other misc expenses.